DIY Baby Wipes
Are you sick of paying for expensive baby wipes that are too harsh on your baby’s skin? Well, here is an easy alternative to store-bought baby wipes! Make your own homemade baby wipes!
Years ago with my first baby, I made these easy DIY baby wipes and they worked great for my daughter! The best part is they didn’t irritate her skin and smelled like heaven!
Baby wipes at a store can get expensive after a while and many brands aren’t delicate on your baby’s sensitive skin. Besides, did you ever see what was in your baby wipes? Even the so-called all-natural brands have a bunch of junk and toxic ingredients in them! Be careful what you buy and always check the labels!
Save your money and your baby’s skin and make homemade baby wipes instead!
Easy Baby Wipe Recipe
The recipe below uses coconut oil or you can use another type of carrier oil. We love both coconut and calendula oils at our house!
Coconut oil has so many uses and can benefit a baby’s sensitive skin. I recommend it for a baby that may have eczema or other skin issues. You can read more about the benefits coconut oil has on the skin here.
Here’s everything you need to make your own all-natural baby wipes!
- One good roll of paper towels (get a sturdy brand that holds together well) and cut the roll in 1/2! You will only need 1/2 of a roll at a time! This makes the perfect size for a baby wipe!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of good carrier oil like Coconut oil or a calendula oil (we love Earth Mama’s oil)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of baby wash like this one or even Dr. Bronner’s Castile soap for baby
- 4-6 drops of lavender essential oil (if desired)
- 1 big Tupperware container or a gallon-size plastic bag or old reusable wipes container to store them in!
Once you cut the paper rolls in 1/2, use this recipe above for 1/2 of a roll. Double up if you are making the entire roll at one time. I recommend trying a half first and seeing if this mixture works for your baby’s skin. Then adjusting your mixture or oil drops as you do the next half.
- Take your water, oil, and baby wash and mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If your baby wash or soap already has some essentials oils in it, then you may not need to add any extra oils. If your baby wash is unscented, then adding a few drops of lavender can help soothe the skin and smell amazing!
- After you cut the roll in half, take one 1/2 and place it into a large mixing bowl. Then pour the mixture all over the paper towels as evenly as you can.
- Let your mixture soak through for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Flip over the roll so the other side gets soaked through as well and then remove the cardboard center. Let this soak for another 15 minutes.
- Then place your roll in your Tupperware or plastic bag and be sure to close it tight so it soaks through.
And that’s it!
You may already have most of these items at your house to make the baby wipes so you shouldn’t have to spend much money. Below are some of the products I use to make the homemade baby wipes. You can use any kind of baby wash you like, these are just a few of my favorites that are all-natural!
Click the photos below for more information:
And there you have it! I hope these homemade baby wipes were easy for you to make and worked just as good as it does for us!
These DIY wipes are great to make in a pinch and carry in your diaper bag! Don’t just use them on your baby! You can use them to remove make-up or clean up small spills and keep them in your car when you’re on the go! It’s great knowing what’s in them so you don’t have to worry about your kids having any allergic reactions!
You may also be interested in:
Easy Homemade Baby Wipes